Jesse worked with us from 2011 to 2017 and became a director of our firm on 1 January 2018. Prior to joining Wightons he completed a Bachelor of Commerce and Law double degree at Deakin University.
Jesse is an accredited Wills and Estates specialist. As such, he is proficient in estate planning, probate and estate administration, and also various forms of estate litigation such as Will caveat matters and Testator Family Maintenance claims (“Part IV” claims). In relation to estate litigation, Jesse acts for both Plaintiffs and Defendants and has instructed Counsel at trials in both Supreme Court and County Court jurisdictions.
In addition to the above Jesse also practices in Commercial Law. He establishes corporate structures, trusts, Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs), acts on business sales and purchases, leasing (retail, commercial and farming) and advises on a variety of property law matters.
Jesse has also previously lectured in “Estate Planning and Insurance” at Deakin University Waterfront campus.
Outside of work, Jesse enjoys the great outdoors and appreciates music and art.
Contact Jesse Rankine
- Commercial Law
- Incorporation & Trusts
- Property Law
- Wills & Estates
- Member of the CEO Institute
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of the Geelong Law Association (GLA)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Previous GLA committee member
- Previous LIV Young Lawyers representative / member of executive
Qualifications & Certifications
- Law Institute of Victoria accredited specialist in Wills and Estates
- B.Comm, LL.B, GradDipL.P.