Jacinta is an experienced family lawyer who has worked exclusively in this area since 2016. Prior to joining the Wightons team she practised in family law and child protection at a boutique family law firm. Prior still, Jacinta gained paralegal experience in both private practise and at a community legal centre while completing her studies at Monash University and the College of Law.
Jacinta has appeared in the Family Court, Federal Circuit Court, Magistrates Court and Children’s Court. She is able to provide advice and assistance to clients in relation to parenting arrangements, property division, family violence, Intervention Orders, and Child Protection matters.
Jacinta understands how to best support and advise her clients through what can often be a difficult time. She aims to achieve the best possible outcomes for her clients by working closely with them and providing guidance and advocacy.
Jacinta is also an avid sports fan. She plays netball in the Geelong and District Football Netball League, she is a long standing member of the Geelong Cats and loves getting out and about with her golden retriever.
- Family Law
- Intervention Orders / Family Violence
- Child Protection
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the LIV Family Law Education Working Group
- Member of the Geelong Law Association
- Member of the Victorian Women Lawyers
- Co-Chair of the VWL Outreach Committee
- Member of the Law Council of Australia Family Law Section
Qualifications & Certifications
- B.A, LL.B (Hons), Mental Health First Aid Accreditation