Wills & Estates
We have the knowledge and experience to provide you with expert advice.
We prepare all types of Wills depending on our client’s requirements, including Wills that incorporate testamentary trusts and / or special disability trusts. We also prepare mutual will agreements and provide succession planning advice that covers superannuation, trusts and businesses. Additionally, we cover Enduring Powers of Attorney as a part of our succession plan for our clients.
We regularly act on behalf of executors in relation to obtaining probate of Wills and the administration of estates.
Our team is particularly experienced in Will challenges. We run cases for our clients in both the Supreme Court of Victoria and the County Court of Victoria. Because we act for both Plaintiffs and Defendants, we are well aware of the opportunities and difficulties surrounding these claims. In addition to claims for further provision, we have also assisted our clients with Will caveats where we object to probate of Wills made in certain circumstances.
WILLS & ESTATES SUB PRACTICES
- Simple Wills
- Wills incorporating Testamentary Trusts
- Wills incorporating Special Disability Trusts
- Mutual Will Agreements
- Complex estate planning
- Estate administration
- Estate litigation (Testator Family Maintenance claims and Will caveats)
- Victorian reseals of foreign grants of representation
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- VCAT Administration & Guardianship Orders
- Superannuation Death Benefit disputes